By using this Site, you agree to be bound by, and to comply with, these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, please do not use this site.
Acceptance of Terms
Access to our Website
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our website without notice (see below). We will not be liable if, for any reason, our site is unavailable at any time or for any period. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Using the Website
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access this website through your internet connection are aware of these terms, and that they comply with them. This website should only be used for lawful purposes; therefore, under no circumstances can you use the website for:
- any unlawful purpose;
- promoting any illegal activities, inciting violence or to promote sexually explicit material;
- promoting any form of discrimination;
- the purpose of harming, threatening, defaming or abusing/harassing any other person in a way that invades someone’s privacy or is (in our reasonable opinion) offensive or unacceptable;
- to create, check, confirm, update or amend someone else’s databases, records, directories, customer lists, mailing or prospecting lists;
- to provide any kind of customer lists or commercial information service;
- as a source of material or contact data for any kind of marketing activity;
- to tamper with, update or change any part of the website;
- in a way that affects how it is run;
- in a way that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionably large burden on the website’s technical systems as determined by us; or
- using any automated means to monitor or copy the website or its content, or to interfere with or attempt to interfere with how the website works.
Providing material to The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory
If you provide any material to the website, you agree to grant us permission, free of charge, to use your material in any way we want (including altering and adapting it for operational or editorial reasons) in any media worldwide. In certain circumstances, we may share your material with other trusted organisations but only those who have a direct connection with The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory. After posting or emailing your material to the website, you continue to own that material, and you continue to have the right to use your material in any way you choose. Please choose carefully any information you post on the website, as it will be available for public viewing.
By providing any material to the website, and for us to be able to use it, you confirm that:
- your material is your own original work, or you are authorized to provide it to the website;
- your material is not defamatory (that is, it does not damage someone’s good reputation);
- does not take away or affect any other person’s privacy rights, copyright, contract rights or any other rights, and
- your material does not otherwise break any laws of the United States/Georgia
- you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
You acknowledge that we do not have a duty to publish any material you have provided. We have the right to;
- reject or refuse to post any material you have provided;
- remove any material from the website, whether or not the material goes against any of these conditions;
- restrict, suspend or stop your access to all or any part of the website at any time.
We will usually display your name with your material on the website, unless you ask us not to (as long as it is possible to do this). We may need to contact you for administrative purposes or to make checks on your material. If you do not want to grant us the permission set out above on these terms, please do not provide any material to the website.
Videos uploaded to The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory
Any videos on business listings pages are the sole ownership of that business and any people in the video should give permission to be used in the video. Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory is not liable for any omissions of this kind and any complaints need to be taken up with the business owner.
Listing on The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory
All free listings will remain free for an indefinite period with no terms to upgrade, unless it is agreed by you to upgrade the listing. Advanced and Premium listings are monthly. The prices and the terms of payment for a listing upgrade and entry in The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory are displayed at all times on this website, including the point where you choose to make a purchase. The customer/subscriber understands and agrees that upon purchasing a listing for their business, said listing will or will not automatically renew on the date of expiration so the listing needs to be renewed however alerts may be sent near to expiry except where the customer/subscriber notifies termination thereof to The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory prior to the subscription expiration date. In such cases, the renewal shall be performed in accordance with the manner of payment originally chosen by the customer/subscriber, at the price rate of the original subscription unless discussed otherwise. A listing for one company cannot be substituted for a listing for another. Subscribers can cancel their subscription at any time by contacting us, with termination taking effect from the end of the validity period covered by the last annual payment made. For instances where a subscriber requires a listing to be removed immediately, please contact us. A refund for the remaining subscription period will not be offered. If a subscriber removes their listing within the month period, any reinstatement of the said listing will be charged at the price rate of the original subscription. Please Note: Any hyperlinks to external websites included within paid-for subscriptions will be non-indexable. To add other types of hyperlinks to The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory, please contact us.
- Age restriction – there is no minimum age for owning a company, but you cannot be one of its directors until you are 18. A company needs to have at least one director and a company secretary, so you would have to arrange for someone old enough to fill those positions until you are old enough, then you would be allowed to list this business on The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory.
Your dealings with subscribers or Companies and any entity whatsoever as found through this Directory and this Service are solely between you and such Company, Partnership or entity. You agree that we will not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of such dealings or as the result of the presence of a listing on this Service.
You agree to indemnify and hold The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of Sites you submit, or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms and Conditions, or your violation of any rights of another.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that we shall not be liable for any damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses resulting from;
- the use of the inability to use the service;
- the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained, messages received, or transactions entered into through or from the Service;
- statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; or
- any other matter relating to the Service.
Trademark Information & Intellectual Property Rights
The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory trademarks and service marks, and other UK Business Directory logos and product and service names are trademarks of The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory. Without our prior permission, you agree not to display or use The Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory marks in any manner.
The laws of United States/Georgia apply to your use of the website and these conditions. We control the website from within the United States/Georgia.
When filling out the registration form you will need to submit a User ID. Once your User ID is registered you will receive an email advising you to change the generic password to one of your choice. With your User ID, this should be a mixture of letters and numbers for security reasons, and when creating your User ID this enables you to edit your listing, should you choose to. Should you need us to make any changes to your listing, which are currently free of charge, we advise you to contact us so we can update and approve the changes immediately, whilst making sure the changes are correct, and to ensure their accuracy – if you update the listing yourself, as soon as you click the ‘Update’ button your listing will remain in draft form and not visible on the website until such time as we approve the update. If you want to cancel your listing, after the 14-day cooling off period, there would be no refund. We reserve the right to edit details, change page layouts and delete entries at any time without making a refund. All initial payments received are for assessing or setting up directory listings. If you submit your listing and it isn’t set up due to it being rejected, edited or deleted for any reason, a full refund will be given. We may collect the following information: Name and name of company Contact information including email address and telephone number; Demographic information such as post code, town, county; any other information you supply about your business and services.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons;
- Internal record keeping.
- To display in our online business directory
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We may occasionally contact you by email, phone, fax or mail to offer you special offers, upgrade options and enhanced listings.
Controlling your company or personal information
Sharing your contact details
You agree that when registering in Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory you grant permission to us to share your contact details with other businesses in our network who may contact you about services/products but only if this is in connection with an enquiry being made by you.
Submitting videos to Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory
You agree that any video submitted to us belongs to you or you have permission to submit it, you also agree that we have permission to use it on any of our network of websites and can also upload it to video sharing websites like YouTube for example. You agree to indemnify us from all responsibility and not hold us responsible for displaying your video.
Content you submit
You agree that any information submitted, including text, images, sounds, videos belongs to you or you have permission to submit them. You also agree that we have permission to use it on any of our network of websites and can also upload it to video sharing websites like YouTube for example. You agree to indemnify us from all responsibility and not hold us responsible for displaying any information you submit to us. When signing up with the Black Women Networking LLC/Atlanta’s Blackowned Business/ Business Directory you agree that we may occasionally contact you by phone, email or mail regarding special offers, upgrade options, enhanced listings, etc. You also agree that we can act as an authorized representative for your business to set up Google+, Google Local Business Centre, Google My Business and any other similar Google Maps related services. You may change your mind about this at any time by writing to us via our contact us page or send us an email.
Please note that content means but is not restricted to; Drawings, Photographs, Logos, Videos, Audio files, Graphics, Text